The National Faster Rail Agency reports to the Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government, the Hon Catherine King MP.
In supporting economic growth and social opportunity through faster rail connections between major capital cities and growing regional centres – we will:
- the development of business cases with state and territory governments, ensuring that population and transport policy objectives are met
- additional rail corridors that would benefit from faster rail services over the long term, in consultation with state and territory governments, industry and stakeholders
- with relevant state and territory governments in the delivery of faster rail construction projects
- alternative funding and financing options for faster rail, such as private sector contributions and value capture opportunities
- options to future-proof corridors for high-speed rail, including the need for technical guidelines, corridor planning and protection
Our team guides the National Faster Rail Agency’s work by setting the organisation’s strategic directions for faster and fast rail connections between major capital cities and their regional centres.
We do this by providing expert advice and support to the Australian Government on faster and fast rail. Collectively, the team has significant expertise and experience in major projects, transport planning, urban and regional infrastructure, rail program and policy development, financial management and governance oversight.
Our leadership team:
- Chief Executive Officer – Barry Broe
- General Manager – Greg Whalen
- Director – Corporate, Finance and People – Eleisha Hickey
- Director – Policy and Planning – Fiona Carrick
- Director – Business Case and Projects – Patrick Atkinson